Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo, pt 5

19 days in now, still going strong :) Right now, I'm a little over two days ahead of schedule and climbing. I need to be at least four days ahead by the 23rd so I can make our Thanksgiving trip without having to worry about writing while I'm gone. Where I am now, that's 2,200 words per day versus the usually recommended 1,667. Although if I can get 3,000 words per day, I'll be done by then. I only have a little less than 16,000 word to write. Maybe if I really push over the weekend...

My story's not going to be close to done, though. 34,000 words in, and my characters are just determining what their plan for the rest of the book is. I can't rush them through 7 cities in 16k words after 34k of build-up. I can't help but wonder exactly how long it's going to be when it's done...I can't wait to finish writing it and then curl up with the finished product.

This weekend is Hubby and my 6th dating anniversary. Most likely we'll have our monthly date over it. Next week, we're going to his family's for Thanksgiving, then to my mother's for a second meal on Friday. We're gonna be pretty busy all through Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment