Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo, pt 4

Well, it's 10 days in now, and so far, I'm on track still. They say that week two is where it starts to get hard. You start wanting to take breaks, you run into walls easier, you get distracted easier. The past three days my writing has just dragged, but I've been forcing it to come. I need to get ahead soon, because the Thanksgiving Weekend is not going to give me much time to write. I need to have a few days of buffer.

Despite all this, though, I'm giddy. I'm still doing it. I'm getting more inspiration, and my story is developing even more than it did the last time I tried to write it now that I'm more aware of standard fantasy cliches and how to work around them, twist them and make them your own. My muse had a six-year nap, and now she's back up and running with a vengence. And I couldn't feel happier. Even when it's hard, even when I'm stuck, all I want to do it write.

I've decided that #29 is definitely going to be changed. Writing for a full hour every weekend for a year is nothing. I'm writing for at least an hour every day and not having much trouble. I'm back in my groove. So instead, I'm using #29 to vow that I will finally finish a story. I don't know if 50K words will be enough to complete this story now. If it is, then I'll start another story and finish it. If not, then I'll finish this one. It'll be another step towards finishing what I start.

Also, I'm totally doing this again next year. I'm having a total blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment