Hehe, this is a ton of fun. Three days in, I feel really good. I go home from work, relax on the couch with Hubby, then retreat back into my office to write. I spend the next few hours going between writing, surfing the internet, and hanging out with Hubby, all depending on what kind of writing groove I get into and what Hubby's doing. I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something instead of wasting my evenings away. When I'm at work, I just want to go home and write. I think about plot points and where I want to go next. It all feels so great, I feel in touch with my muse again.
Last night, I finished the first chapter. In the last version, what comprises the first chapter was the first two chapters, and ended up being the equivalent of 4 and a half pages typed. What I put the final touch on last night was almost 8 full pages typed. There's been a few major changes to the story, too. A creature's subspecies that was originally annihilated had a survivor. Something that was supposed to be stolen is in the hero's possession. Everyone in the town is still dead, though. Yeah, it's a stereotypical trope to encourage the hero to travel outside of the familiar, but it works. Despite the rough start, I managed to catch back up yesterday, leaving my word total at 5088, just over the 1667 words per day required average.
I'm wondering about Task #29 now. I'm finding it so easy to write every day for several hours that writing for one hour every weekend for a year seems like it won't accomplish much. I didn't know anything about what NaNoWriMo covered. I knew it was writing every day, I think, but I didn't know exactly how much writing it would be. I thought it would be a little push to get me walking again. Instead it gave me rollerskates and a shove. You could say I'm on a roll. *rimshot, collapsing drumset, yeah that was horrible*. I think I'm going to have to change #29. We'll see what it'll become after I finish this month. I don't think 50K words is going to be enough to finish it all. Maybe I'll finish it and edit the story after. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment