It's a few days early, but happy Thanksgiving! Hubby and I have a bit of a schlep ahead of us - tomorrow we go to his parents' for dinner, then Friday to my mother's. His parents' place will be a low-key family meal with all the standards: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, all the classics. We'll crash afterwards, stuffed full, and maybe play some board games or something. Maybe early on Friday we'll go shopping. Then Hubby and I head to my mother's for mini-Thanksgiving with rotisserie chicken, mac & cheese, and a few family recipes. Saturday will be chock-full of shopping and decorating, and then we head home on Sunday. Busy, but tons of fun!
I noticed on my recent paycheck that my company is starting to put money aside for my retirement for me. I think when we're at my mom's, I'll ask her help getting set up with setting some money each paycheck aside for retirement, completing #73. :)
Today I'll get ahead on my NaNo so I can relax while we're on our trip. Then, when we get back, only three days left and I'll be right on track to finish up! I'm totally going to do this again next year. I've met some really cool people and am having a great time writing again.
Yesterday was my 6th dating anniversary with Hubby. Since we have a marriage anniversay to celebrate now, we just settled with going out to dinner to a nice restaurant, making our monthly date night.
ETA: My friend took me out to lunch at a new thai restaurant I hadn't been to before, kicking off #13.
No comments:
Post a Comment