Hello October! Meaning: Hello soda, hello fast food! I missed you both so much! I can't quite believe I did both of them in one month, but it was so satisfying marking them off. I'm thinking about waiting a little longer on the soda until I can get my favorite drink: Dr. Pepper with a shot of root beer. Just a single shot (or spritz) of root beer gives the Dr. Pepper an extra kick of flavor. I know from experience before that after going a long time without soda, that first cold one is the best tasting thing in the world. I don't want to mar that with something flat or lukewarm. I think I'll drag my husband to Cookout tonight for a celebratory burger and shake.
We had our September date night last night. He made a special dinner (Italian Steak tips with Acini de Pepe), and we watched Dogma on the TV for my D movie. Yes, I had never seen Dogma, the Kevin Smith classic. I'd seen parts of it, bits and pieces. In high school, I saw the Mooby board meeting and the dung demon. Sometime after moving in with Hubby, I saw the ending on HBO or another channel. I had never before seen the whole movie. All together, I really enjoyed it. Great cast, vibrant character personalities, and overall good story. Next up in our netflix queue is Chocolate, a martial arts movie made by the team who did Ong Bak and The Protector. I've wanted to see it for a while now!
I ordered my wedding picture prints last night, taking the first step towards finishing #92. Once they arrive, I need to get some good photo pages for the album my mother made for us. Hopefully the pictures will arrive before next weekend. We're going to a few weddings, and I want to have my pictures for my grandparents who were unable to attend.
I think this month I'm going to try and work on #28 - Make a personal cookbook compilation of all our recipes. I don't know if I'm going to make a notebook or little cards with the recipes on them. As many looseleaf papers I have with recipes on them, they need to be put together somewhere nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment