Hi, my name is Maze, and I'm addicted to Food Network.
I don't exactly remember how I got started watching it. I couldn't tell you what the first show on was when we decided "There's nothing to watch on our usual channels. Let's just surf until we find something good." and stopped on Food Network. When I was younger, my family would watch Iron Chef, and I'd try to mimic some of the techniques I saw them use on there when I "cooked" (read: made rice or macaroni or something). Now, my regular TV schedule includes 75% of their Nighttime schedule: Chopped, Good Eats, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Iron Chef America...and more. And it all has inspired me to change some things.
- I want to take a DDD/BTIEA road trip across the country.
- I want to have a kitchen stocked like Alton Brown's.
- I want to improve my cooking skills and techniques.
- And the one I think is the biggest change to me is, I want to try new things. I wrote #66 to get me being more adventurous with eating. I finished it relatively easily, and I haven't really thought about it. I just realized last night that I've tried several other foods I've never had before, and I owe it to one thought: All these big chefs like it, so what am I missing out on?
The big thing that applies to is seafood. I had fish sticks as a kid, I loved fried clams, and Mom cooked tilapia a few times. Other than those few things, I never wanted to try fish. If it came out of water, I wasn't interested. Now, since I started 1) dating my husband and 2) watching food network, I've found I like shrimp and crab, and I've tried rainbow trout, salmon, calamari, and scallops. I want to try lobster, and maybe try my hand at cooking some fish. This is something I never thought I'd be interested in, and I certainly never thought an addiction would lead to something so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment