I've uploaded my existing A-Z photography pictures onto the Lists page. I'm only missing K, U, and Y. Wouldn't have figured those would be the complicated ones...
Last night, I made my 3rd recipe - Broccoli and Shrimp Scampi Pasta. Once I had the pasta boiling, the broccoli cut and the ingredients ready to go, I realized I'd made a minor miscalculation: Never in my life have I boiled broccoli, sauted garlic, or cooked shrimp. The closest I've ever come is doing those things in the Cooking Mama games. I sent Hubby to the internet to get the directions for the broccoli while I panicked and tried to wing the garlic as best I could. Luckily, I managed to time it all pretty well, only very slightly overcooked the broccoli (Hubby could barely tell, and I couldn't at all), and I added a bit too much of the breadcrumbs. Despite all that, it tasted great! Lessons learned, and I now know how to handle making the recipe again later. Tip: We're not wine-drinkers, so we replaced the wine in the recipe with chicken stock. It was a fine replacement.
#54 - Frame wedding invitation and vows is done! I took a 3-panel picture frame we were given, put the invitation (slightly trimmed to fit) in the middle, and designed the vows in Photoshop. A bit of trial and error to make them fit, then into the frame they all went. It doesn't look as nice as I was hoping, possibly because of the paper we used for the vows being colored printer paper (also used during out wedding). Perhaps later I'll reframe them and get the vows printed on nicer paper. For now, though, the task is done!
Two more days before I can drink soda and eat tasty, tasty fast food! I may celebrate with a Cookout milkshake.
No comments:
Post a Comment