I believe I may have mentioned a few months back that my boss announced she was pregnant. Well, it's been a few more months and she's due within the next few weeks now, and yesterday we threw her a baby shower! The office pitched in to get her several nice gifts, but I...um...forgot. There wasn't much time after my vacation to get the cash in. Sooo... I volunteered to do what I'm getting a reputation for: supplying some sweets. I have a good amount of delicious desserts I wanted to make, I just had to pick one out. I decided to give these a try. Miniature brownies with a peanut butter center and topped with chocolate and peanut butter chips. YUM! Messy and time-consuming, and I now have a need to bake more mini treats to make use of my new mini muffin trays, but so worth it. I dropped a few off with the ladies at the office next door (The Cookie Girl strikes again!) and brought the rest for the shower. The recipe made 39, 36 made it to the office (one was small and overcooked, another tore in half coming out of the tin, and I left one for Hubby), and 32 made it to the baby shower. I went home with 2. TWO! Success! And I love how the brownies are so perfectly portioned. Plus they cook faster. I may just start doing all my brownies like that...
Also on the cooking front, I made two new dinners. One didn't work out so well, but I made a new kind of lasagna last night that was pretty successful :) The meat sauce had cream cheese and sour cream mixed in with spaghetti sauce, and half an onion was browned with the meat. Not bad. The cheese wasn't as overwhelming as a standard recipe can get.
Camp NaNo is still running, and I'm still managing to keep up with it. I caught up to the missed days a few days back with a whopping 3k day! I hit 27k written last night, tonight should end at around 29k. I'm on the second major sequence in the novel, probably somewhere in the middle of it. A secondary villain's motives were just unveiled to the FMC and he's currently blackmailing her to get her to do as he wants. I'm still on the fence about whether or not the book will hit the required 50k. I think I need this sequence to get me to 35k, because I'm estimating the 3rd sequence and the finale to be 10k and 5k respectively. I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong, I don't want it to end up that short, but I can actually see the end, which is amazing considering I wasn't even halfway done with my novel at the end of NaNo10. I'm hoping that in a few posts, a little bit after September 1st, I'll be able to say I have a draft and mark #29 off my list. Wish me luck!
Good luck! You can totally do this!
ReplyDeleteThose brownies sound delicious! I will definitely have to try something like that. It sounds like Camp is going great :) well done!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've given you the Liebster Award :)